This is the project that brought me out of a period of extreme uncreativity. After days of frustrating failed attempts at creating art, depression was setting in and my husband suggested I ignore all deadlines and create something just for me. I remembered this old birdcage my nephew found in the trash for me and got to work cleaning it up. This is how it looked after a bath.
I added a few strips of May Arts ribbon and some vintage buttons around the base.
I used fake flowers and some blingy garland from the Michael’s and Hobby Lobby … cutting them up to fit where I needed them to go. I broke down and bought a hot glue gun (I despise them) to save time. It actually worked out okay … I only burned one finger and I managed to keep the stringy glue under control.
I added a little bird’s nest and eggs to the inside, along with some additional flowers.
I love how it turned out … it adds a bit of spring to my living room. I also found myself reaching for these same colors again and again … must be my new favorites … and have scattered them around my living room and kitchen. It is so pretty!
Thanks to Jakob for knowing I would love this birdcage and bringing it home for me. And to Matt for reminding me that sometimes we have to do something for ourselves!