So, I decided to create a new-and-improved one. I had intended to offer it as a class, but there is a lot of dry time and unless we sit in class all day, it just isn’t going to work.
I do have one kit available for $20 if you are interested. Just send me an e-mail and let me know what color tree you would like. You will need Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, Washi Tape and silicone to complete the project.
If you prefer to find the products yourself, here are the directions for creating this snowglobe …
- Combine 2-3 drops of Distress Reinker into a Mini Mister and fill with water. Shake and spritz on tree until desired color is reached. Let dry.
- When tree is completely dry, apply Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to the edges of the branches. Roll in Art Glitter Glitz (a combination of glitter, beads and Vintage Glass Shards). Let dry.
- Apply large glob of silicone to the bottom of the inside of the jar and press the base of the tree into it. Let dry overnight.
- Clean mason jar with glass cleaner.
- Cut out reindeer from Tim Holtz die. Run through Xyron and attach to jar.
- Add fake snow to inside of jar.
- Cut out circle to cover the top of the jar lid. Adhere.
- Cut out Snowflake Rosette with Tim Holtz die. Apply Washi tape to the back side and fold. Use DDCA to glue ends together. Hold until dry. Flip and adhere to 1” circle with Craft Glue Dots. Repeat for second rosette. Glue together and add snowflake punches to top. Adhere to jar lid.
- Assemble lid and wrap Washi Tape around the ring of the jar.
- Tie tinsel to the top.