The challenge this month on Scrap It Girl is Angels or Arrows. For me, angels was much more challenging, so of course I had to choose angels.
I selected paper from KaiserCraft’s new baby boy line and cut out the banner, title and cherubs.
After I cut them out, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to color the edges. This helps to soften the edges, covers up the harsh white line around the paper and helps to cover up any cutting errors. Notice the difference in this photo with the cherubs on the left, uninked, and the one on the right, inked.
Then I coated the cherubs and the banner with a thick coat of Glastique. This will make the paper cut outs look like epoxy. It will also make them durable, so the piece can be dusted without tearing the paper. And, it will allow me to mold the images to add a bit of dimension. (If your store doesn’t carry it, you can get it online by clicking the Globecraft & Piccolo Shop Here link on the side of my page).
While that was drying, I grabbed an old bottle I had.
Prima sold these little milk jug bottles, several years ago, filled with tiny paper flowers. While I have used most of the flowers, I kept all of the jars for a future project — like this one.
I used Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to attach everything to the bottle. It dries quickly and holds well. I wrapped the jar in papers, ribbon (May Arts) and lace (Webster’s Pages). Then I added feathers, the cut outs, flowers (KaiserCraft) and Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest).
so that is my angel project. It is now your turn … you can create anything: altered art, a card, a mini album, a scrapbook layout or anything else you want and submit it to Scrap It Girl this month. There is a HUGE prize package for the winner and I hope it goes to you!