Each member of the team was given a different size plastic pail made by Stampendous. We then had to coordinate our project so they all went together.
Our team, led by Sarah, came up with the most brilliant idea (probably because I was not part of the brainstorming session, lol). They decided to make all of the pieces that went into making s’mores. Starting from the bottom, Sarah took the large bucket and filled it with marshmallows and added a stick to the outside for roasting. Then, Janet filled the next size with graham crackers. I got the next one and was assigned chocolate. And, Marty got the top, which was fire. Hers is topped with flames and filled with matches.
The paper they chose couldn’t have been farther from my own style. One side was glittered leaves and the other, bold stripes.
But, I accepted the challenge to work with what I had and to make it beautiful.
I used the stripe section of paper around the bottom of the jar and found some ribbon by American Crafts that matched perfectly to add to the top.
For the top of the jar, I colored a piece of leftover Bo Bunny paper with Distress Ink and adhered it to the lid. Then, I used attached a Tiny Hinge from Tim Holtz as the handle on the lid.
The label is cut from white cardstock using a Stackers die from Dies Direct and then colored with Distress Inks. Some parts are darker to represent the burnt marshmallows.
The letters are cut with Olivia by QuicKutz and then colored with Distress Ink to resemble marshmallows at their different stages of browning.
I accented the label with a button and brad by Bo Bunny. I attached the button with Mini Brads by Tim Holtz.
I then filled it with mini Hershey bars.
I am so pleased with the results, I think it will become my new candy jar on my desk at work!