I wanted to share some different ideas for using die cuts or punches.
1. I cut the die cut out of cardstock several times. Then I ran each piece through my non-permanent Xyron machine and placed them where I wanted them on the card front. I used both the inside and outside of the flower.
2. I made two glimmer mists by mixing a drop or two of Distress Ink, a little Perfect Pearls, and then filling my mini mister with water. I used Mustard Seed and gold in one and Peeled Paint and green patina in another.
3. I lightly sprayed the surface with the yellow mixture and then let dry (I used a heat gun to speed up the process.)
4. Then, I repeated with the green. I did it heavier in places.
5. Once dry, I peeled off the die cuts and threw them away.
6. I decided I wanted more color, so I lightly misted with the yellow again in some places.
7. Once dry, I edged the card in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and blended it a bit on some of the sides.
1. I cut out dies again and sprayed them with the green mist. I went heavier on the inside of the flower.
2. I inked the edges of the back part of the flower with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I used a lot of ink because I didn’t get the contrast I wanted originally — but it’s all an experiment, right!
3. I attached the flowers with brads directly onto the card and added the title.
You can’t see the glimmer well in the photo, but the card sparkles, without looking like glitter.
I think I’ll try to hippo die next and see what sort of grungy background I can make!